Saturday, November 6, 2010

Day 6

Day 6 - twenty things that calm you.


This is a good one and is going to require some thought. So here is what I have come up with.

1. Mya- That little girl simply amazes me. She is so playful and the way she gives her hugs and kisses would calm anyone. Ask Kassi and Nick. Though it took a couple of visits with Nick for her to give him hugs.

2. Music- Music is a very big part of my life. My father and Uncle are musicians. I use to be a musician. Music can be a very powerful thing if you let it. I have been known to listen to the same music over and over again. Like currently I listen to Bethany's blog http://matbethany.blogspot.com/ She is the only mom I keep contact with that is parenting a surviving twin. I think her play list was made for me.
3. Eddie- If he is not the reason I am frazzled then he knows how to calm me down fairly quickly.
4. Surfing the net- Sitting in the evening after Mya has gone to bed can be calming. Checking all the blogs I follow and facebook.
5. Scrap booking- I love scrap booking. Though I have not done it in a long while I still think it is calming.
6. Chatting- I love chatting with any of my BLM friends. I love to hear their stories and getting to know them.
7. Shopping- Though I don't do that much anymore retail therapy is always fun.
8. Starbucks- Nothing like a nice treat for yourself.
9. Baking- When I bake, I bake. I do tons. It keeps my mind off of other things. I will go on for hours and hours.
10. Sewing- Before motherhood I use to craft. I use to make blankets and all sorts of other items. I did my last craft show when Mya was 3 1/2 months old. Sometimes I think about doing it again and then I realize how full my plate is.
11. Talking to my Mom- Or as Eddie and I have a running joke "Are you talking to your MOMMY"
12. Talking to my sister, Molly- What can I say we are sisters and we stick together.
13. Going for Rice and Roll with Alice- Sometime Alice and I sneak off and go treat ourselves to Shrimp Fried Rice and Shrimp Crunchy Roll at Tokyo Wako. It is a nice treat.
14.This one is bad. Picking at my face- Plucking eye brows or black heads is calming to me.
15. This should be at the top of my list, Going to Disneyland- I have an annual pass and going makes me feel like all of my worries are not an issue while we are there. Lately we have been trying new things that we have never done. So that is fun times.
16. Sitting in my rocking chair- As I am doing at this very moment. Sitting in my rocking chair in the dark in my bedroom.
17, Blogging- When Mya was a month old I started a blog for her. http://myaquinn.blogspot.com/ I have always kept her for her so that one day she have it all printed and see every little things she does. Recently I started this blog. I have to say though getting everything transferred from my email to this blog was emotional I have to say it was very therapeutic and I am glad I did it.
18.Family outings- Though most of the time it is nothing major we still have fun. I am always being accused of not wanting to do house work so that is why I am always out but I feel I want to be fun. My house looks like a 2 year old her parents live in it. At times you will find clothes on the floor or puzzles scattered all over but it is not filthy. A 2 year old lives here.
19. Nothing- A whole lot of nothing can be very calming.
20. Remember. When I remember the wonderful kicks I felt one so low and one up in my ribs those kicks remind me of a time so simple. When I had hope that Sophia would make it and always wished the doctors were wrong.
There is my 20. That was a hard one.

No comments:

Post a Comment