16w4d: Second appointment with Dr. Shah this afternoon. Baby "A" is still with us and Baby "B" "looks like a girl, the key words are looks" says Dr. Shah! "A" is measuring at 15w3d and "B" is measuring at 17w0d.
So now "A" is not growing properly as well as her other problems. Up until now hopes were high because she was growing still. Now things have taken another turn for the worse. The last month has been hell.
Eddie was so excited, from the beginning he has always said they were two girls. Now Eddie keeps referring to "B" as his little princess. I hope that blows over.
As I said before "A" is still with us. To me it seems like my main focus is "A" and Eddie's is "B". Don't get me wrong that mommy instinct has set in and I love both of my girl equally. I just really want to bring both of my girls home. That is my main focus.
As a mentioned in a previous post we now have to go see another specialist for a more in depth Ultrasound to find out if we can or should do reduction. Dr. Shah refereed us to a specialist out of Good Samaritan Hospital. in Los Angeles. I called her office on the way home as Dr. Shah had already called he to get us an appointment ASAP as we are running out of time to do anything.
Reduction has been brought up to us for the last month. I hate that this may be our only option to bring home one of these girls. Reduction needs to be done before 20 weeks.
So she scheduled me for 11 am on Friday. About 45 minutes later we get a call back from her office saying that they don't accept Blue Cross PPO and if we wanted to see that doctor it would be $1805. So I called Dr. Shah's office back to find out if he has another doctor to refer us to. Eddie got on the phone with Blue Cross to find out what we can do. Dr. Shah's office called us back and found us another doctor.
Then 5 minutes later Dr. Shah, personally called us back and asked what had happened and why we were changing doctors. I told him our issue. He warned me that the new doctor does not have good bed side manner but is just as good as the first doctor. Dr. Shah knows our problem that we had with Dr. DeVore and did not want us to have the same problem again. So Eddie and I talked about it and have decided to see the second doctor, that appointment is Friday at 7:00pm at UCLA/Santa Monica. We were told when making the appointment be prepared for a 3hr wait. I hope this guy is good.