Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sophia Is Home.

I am now allowed to drive. Friday evening we got a call that we could pick up Sophia on Monday. It was such a nice thing to hear that Sophia was going to be coming home with us.

Eddie went back to work today and when we got the call on Friday he told me we should wait until next weekend to go get her. I told him no, I want her home.

So I packed up Mya and we were off the Risher's. I pulled in, parked and put Mya in the Baby Bjourn. I took a big breath and walked in. As soon as I walked up to the desk I lost it. All I could do is cry and rub Mya's tiny back. The woman behind the desk gave me a tissue and was rubbing my other hand. I told her I was here to pick up my daughter. She told me she was sorry for my loss. Then she told my how beautiful Mya is. She walked to a book shelf and grabbed Sophia.

She put Sophia down in front of me and asked if I was OK. I told her I will be, one day. She said let me walk you to your car. So we walk, we walked very slow. I strapped Mya into her car seat and the woman gave me a big hug and said again she was sorry for my loss.

I needed to get out of there. I put Sophia in the passenger seat, bucked up and drove to the first place I could think of......Margaret's house.

When I pulled up she saw I was crying and I think she knew why. So we unbuckled Mya and Margaret took her. We went inside. Mya and I visited for sometime. I feel that we have a special bond. She lost Wilbur right before we found out Sophia was ill. Though my loss of Sophia is very minor she understand.

Now we are all home safe and sound. I don't know where I should put Sophia. Right now she is sitting up on our shelf in the livingroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment