Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A Night To Remember


Tonight was A Night To Remember at Huntington. After last years disaster I took back up. This time not only did Mya and I attend but so did Eddie and Alice.

I got there and had a feeling like I really did not want to be there to interact with the staff as they have let me down so much and it has taken me so long to realize this. As I tell everyone I tell Sophia's story to "If I knew then what I know now, things would be different" Plus after my conversation with Mary last week I felt like they could care less if I was there. But then it dawned on me. This is my time to remember Sophia and all that she has done for my life and all the lives she has touched in such a short period of time.
First we ate dinner across the street then we drove over to the hospital. When we got there we were greeting from none other than Mary. She asked us who we were here in honor of. I said we are the Beserra Family and we are here for Sophia. Suddenly she changed her voice and said "Oh hi Cassie, I am so happy you made it" I felt like telling her how much I hurt because of negligence of this hospital, but then I quickly remembered this is a night for and about Sophia. I should not act that way.

I think it is the same program year after year. This year the speaker was a father that lost his daughter on her first birthday. Their story broke my heart.

Then it was time for the flowers. Because of our last name Sophia was first. I did not expect that but it was nice.

After the ceremony we promptly left. I am happy we went and no matter if Huntington chooses to support Walk to Remember, Los Angeles or not we will still attend "A Night To Remember"

No comments:

Post a Comment