Saturday, October 9, 2010

Walk to Remember, Los Angeles




What an amazing day. That is really all I can say. I can not begin to thank everyone for their hard work to make this happen. Today I have met so many wonderful Mothers. We all share a common bond .







Eddie has been asking me for weeks what I was going to say at the walk. I woke up this morning at 4:30 am and took a very long shower. I sat in the shower and just reflected on my personal journey of motherhood. Of my loss of my daughter Sophia. Of how hard I have personally worked to make Walk to Remember, Los Angeles a name that families can turn to.

So what did I have to say: We all have one common bond. We are all family members, may it be Mothers, Father, Brothers, Sisters, Grandparents or even Aunts and Uncles, we all have a bond that we have all lost. Not everyone understands what we have been through but we all understand each other.
Again I was just amazed that there were so many people there to help and so many people that joined us. I was happy I got to hear stories from parents, friends and family.

I know that I have so much work ahead of me and this is just the beginning. A break is in order but I feel like I must keep going.
I have to personally thank Kassi for all her hard work. Without her I would have had been so lost. I am sure Mikayla and Sophia are dancing together today. I know Sophia is telling Mikayla it is OK, your Mommy will be OK. It will take time but she will be OK.

Now a more personal note. Sweet Sophia. With out you in my life Walk to Remember, Los Angeles would not have happened today. Little girl you have taught me so much more than I could imagine. You put up one hell of a fight. As long as I live I will tell the world you saved your sister's life. Though I would have given anything to have you here with me I now know this is the way things have to be. I have come in the last two and half years to accept that. Though at times I am not happy about that, I can accept it. I have grieved you, I miss you and most of all I love you. You have made me the person I am today.
I have to personally thank Kassi for all her hard work. Without her I would have had been so lost.
Tonight there is just such a feeling of amazement. I have a feeling that I am so proud of Walk to Remember, Los Angeles and everything it stands for.

No comments:

Post a Comment