Friday, May 9, 2008

Friday, May 9, 2008

28w0d: Third Trimester!!!!!

This is great news. We are almost out of the danger zone for Mya. I had an appointment with Dr. Shah today. It went well. Mya is 3 lbs 1 oz. At today's appointment Mya insisted that she keep her foot near her face to obstruct all of the pictures we got today.

The past couple weeks have been good physically. I have only had minor Braxton Hicks contractions but other then that no real problems. I went last Saturday to re-do my Gestational Diabetes test since the tech did not get enough blood the first time and I did my toxin check. So far so good. I get the toxin test read next Friday. So that is all to report this week.

Mentally is a different story. I feel like I have let Mya down. She is not all I think about all day. I think of Sophia more often. I think how we are nearing the end of having her safe inside of me.
I also think of what Mya has been trough. How she is just sitting there next to her sister's lifeless body. I fear that will be traumatizing for her. I also think of how will I as a mother handle life as a mother of "a surviving twin" and not a mother of "twins" how will I tell Mya one day that she is technically a "little sister". When will be the right time to start talking about Sophia. Will Sophia be a part of our everyday life? There is so much I think about these days.

I am sorry to go on like that. I don't mean to be so morbid but these are the things I think about while on bed rest. It is my life for now.

On a lighter note. Tomorrow Alice & I will be attending Kirsten's first birthday.

Here is to one more week of remaining pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment