Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Power of a Rainbow

There is something about the power of a Rainbow. The thoughts of possibilities it brings to you. The smile it brings to your face. And for all the mothers of loss the HOPE, LOVE and JOY a Rainbow brings to your life.

I have not been sleeping well for about a month now. However in the last three days or so I have been sleeping better........ with a catch. I have been sleeping about 6-7 hours but waking every morning between 4:45 and 5:30. Last night we spent the night at my parents house. My mom left for work at 4:30. I woke up right at 5:00. Mya woke up at 6:00 am. So we did our morning routine, bath, shower, dressed and we left my mom's house right at 7:00 am.

For those who don't know where I grew up, my parents live in a very small desert town. Lake Los Angeles is where I spent my time from the young age of 4 until 21 when Eddie and I moved in together.

As we started our long journey home, we passed Ashli's house and Mya promptly said "thanks for Ashli's birthday party" about two minutes later as were were about to exit Lake LA we were greeted by a little bit of rain and the most lovely Rainbow. It was complete. There were two ends.

I know I only got one side of the Rainbow but it was so powerful to me. Since there was no one on the road, I slowed down and snapped this picture. Plus the shocking thing is that I took this picture with my phone. I promptly sent the picture to Alice, Tiffany and Molly.

My comment on the picture:
"Mya and I are about to drive somewhere under the Rainbow"

(My mom has got Mya addicted to "Wizard of Clause")

About 10 more minutes into our drive I saw another little Rainbow burst. This time I had to pull over to try and get a picture of this little burst. I promptly got my camera from the back of the car and got this picture. I was so amazing. But this time I felt Sophia's presence with me. I felt amazing. It was simply a little burst of Rainbow a little cluster. Not a big giant rainbow like Mya and I drove under.

For that moment in life I felt at peace. At peace about what life has handed me. A peace that I am a Mom to two amazing little girls.


I am not the person that has dreams nightly. Or the person that believes Sophia is with me at all time. However, I am the person that wants Sophia's twin sister to know who she is and who her older twin sister is. But for this very moment the peace that came over me was simply amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment