Monday, February 21, 2011

My New Favorite Picture

Eddie took the most amazing picture for me. Though I did the editing, I am just in love with this picture. I think it says it all. Mya at one of her favorite places with Sophia.

When I found out I was pregnant with twins I always told Eddie that I was not going to be one of those mom's that had her children matching all the time. I want my children to be their own person.

When Eddie and I talk about Sophia and what she would be doing these days we always remark that Sophia and Mya would be the total opposites. Sophia would be the quiet one. She would have very straight hair and have a darker complexion like her father. As Mya has her wild trademark hair and is very outgoing and has fair skin like her mother.

But Mickey's ear would always match. I remember when I got Sophia's ears on July 2nd, 2010 several things happened that night. I went alone to Disneyland. I watched the fireworks, ate a corn dog, rode Matterhorn and watched Fantasmic. Then the last thing I did was go to get Sophia's ears. It was already after midnight. I went to the hat shop at the front of Main Street. I picked the ears. When I paid the clerk asked me how old was the child I was purchasing the ears for? I paused and told her they are for my daughter who has passed away. I want them so they match her twin sister's ears.

I then called Eddie and asked him what color Mya's hat had on it. I really wanted them to match so perfectly. So now my girls have two things that match perfectly. Their Memory boxes and the Mickey Ears.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how you do it, Cassie, this had me bawling like a baby. Beautiful. It really is.

    ReplyDelete