Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve



Long before the days of children, Eddie and I have always had the luxury that we spend Christmas Eve with his family and Christmas Day with my family.




Tonight we spent the evening at Eddie's Uncle Johnny's house. We had a nice night.
As I have said tons of times it is very important for Mya to know her family. I am very fortunate to know my family. My cousins are all a phone call or email away at all times. Mya is the only grandchild on both sides of the family so her cousins technically are all 3rd, 4th or 5th cousins. I want Mya to know them all.
Tonight there were three little ones. Mya, Robert and Ray. They all played well together and that made me happy. The guys played cards and the ladies sat around the table chatting about various things.
Most importantly we got a family picture tonight. That is a very rare thing. We usually are missing one or two people in our picture but tonight it was all 6 of us.
As every holiday comes and goes I always wonder how life would have been as a party of 4 rather than a party of 3. Not a holiday (or day for that fact) goes by that I don't think of Sophia. How would our family handle having two wild haired crazy girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment