Sunday, June 5, 2011

Dance Like No One is Watching

Today Mya had her first dance recital. For only doing dance for one month I would have to say she did great.

However as her mother, I did not do well at all. I don't know what it is but every time Mya has a first I have a breakdown. I cried the whole time she was dancing. I have no clue why. I always ask myself is it because she is my baby? Is it because we should be having two firsts happen? Is it because I know these first are my lasts as a parent? I just don't know.

I know I love this little girl so much and want to give her anything her little heart desires (within reason) but yet there are so many milestones I am just an emotional mess. How does one find that balance? I am so proud of Mya and yet I feel like a piece of my is being taken.

All said and done I am so proud of Mya. She did an awesome job for only being 2 1/2 years old. I think music is her thing. She loves everything about music.

1 comment:

  1. Adorable mama <3 I cry too with firsts... I also dont know why... proud mama moment? knowing I missed it with genesis? I have no idea. Just know I can relate. XXXXX

    ReplyDelete