Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Progress

I feel as if I am making progress with my health and everything else in life. I am happy to say I am finally off of prednisone. After three weeks of steroids I gained 12 lbs. Since my last dose on Thursday I have lost five of those pounds so that is a plus.




I have been to the gym two days in a row which given my current schedule is really REALLY good for me. I am keeping the current attitude of I can do. I can do everything I put my mind to. Work and everything else.




Mya spent the weekend at my parents house. At first I was very sad that she would be away for so long. Then once I got use to the idea things seemed to be OK for me. This is the first time she has been away for three days not since I was sick and was quarantined from her.




Friday night I got home from work around 7:00 I took a cat nap for an hour then Eddie and I went to dinner. Admittedly I have to say it was nice to eat slowly, now wrangle the two year old, not share my dinner with a two year old and enjoy my husbands company with our being interrupted for potty breaks.


Saturday I got up went to work came home and Eddie and I spent the evening at Casa de Lieberman. It was nice to chat and enjoy funny conversation. I have to say the highlight of the evening was when I asked Linnea what the plans were for Kirsten's birthday. The conversation went as follows:


Me: So what are your plans for May 10th? (Trying to be slick as Kirsten was standing right next to me)


Linnea: She has school that morning and then probably Disneyland. Then party the weekend after.


Kirsten: May 10th is my birthday.


So apparently I can't get anything past a three, nearly four year old. The whole time I thought I was being good by not saying "Hey Linnea what are you planning for Kirsten's birthday?" Oh well


Sunday morning got up went to WW and then hit the gym. Went home only to find Eddie still sleeping. Got in the shower, got dressed and took a nap before we went to lunch and went to claim my Mini Me. I was so excited to see her. I had a visit with Ashli, which as always was wonderful. Then when I got back Mya had returned back to my parents house from playing with my Mom's co-worker's daughter. We went outside between rain and Mya wanted to play with Nana's car then she discovered Papa's truck and told him she wanted to drive. She was most excited to honk the horn. Every time she did it the biggest smile I have ever seen on her came. This was by far the highlight of her day. I was so happy I got to enjoy the moment with her.
We had dinner with my parents gave Mya a bath and embarked on a three hour trip home. With all the elements of the weather, this was a interesting ride home. But we made it and we are all together again. My small, yet happy family.

No comments:

Post a Comment