Saturday, October 15, 2011

Day 15:

Today is Pregnancy and Infancy Loss Awareness Day. What are you doing today?

What did I do today? Well first I want to thank EVERYONE that came out today to walk in honor of their children, brothers, sisters, grandchildren, nieces and nephews. I also want to thank the people that came out to support all of us parents. Though we may not show it, it means the world to us that you remember our children too!

Last night was a little hectic but we worked everything out. By 1am I checked in to my hotel and got 4 peaceful good hours of sleep. Who would have thought sleep could be that good when only in that little amount? Got up this morning took a shower, stopped for some oatmeal and a latte at Starbucks and was at the park waiting for my suppliers to arrive. While waiting a lovely little skunk walked though our area, I thought it was best to stay in my car and wait for him to leave. 

In about 15 minutes he was gone and everyone started arriving. Things were in full swing. Personally,  I have to say this year things went so much better. We had a plan and it happened. 

By 9:00 walkers started arriving. At 10:10 the memorial service started. I can not begin to thank Sharon enough for her wonderful, loving, POWERFUL words. Things were just went so well. 

This year I walked 1/3 of the route. It was so powerful to see the names of all that babies that have gone too soon. I walked with Martha and Lisa it seemed like I knew almost all of their stories as we walked.

When we got back everyone was ready for the balloon release. I have to say this was the most powerful thing EVER. I don't know if it was the choice of music or if it was the number of balloons flying it was simply amazing. Simply so powerful. Just beautiful.

 After the walk was over I went to lunch with one of my fellow twin mama's Dana. We had a nice lunch then I went back to my hotel to relax a little bit before heading over to Hilltop Park. 


The candle lighting went well minus the wind but we took care of it.


I would have to say I am so happy with the way this all turned out this year. I think we will always do the balloon release. To me that was the best part of the day. 


I hope everyone found peace with their day of remembrance. As I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment