Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Day 16

Day 16 - a song that makes you cry (or nearly).


Goodbye Baby- by Fleetwood Mac



Well lately Mya and I have been listening to the same song over and over again. Eddie compiled the play list from Faces of Loss, Faces of Hope. Here is the list for you:
He made the CD's with the intention of us to play them at the walk. Because of our CD player issue that did not happen.
So I have been listening to the CD recently. On Friday on our way home from having lunch with my mom Goodbye Baby came on and Mya was "singing along" with it. It just melted my heart. Then when the song was over she told me "play the pretty song again" so I did and she kept singing.
So here are a few more tidbits about this song. In 2004 Eddie got for his mom and I tickets to see Fleetwood Mac. They are my most favorite band EVER. This was when this CD came out. They played Goodbye Baby at the concert. At the time I thought it was a pretty song and that was it.
The day before WTRLA when I was running around I heard Goodbye Baby again. At the time I knew it was Stevie Nicks but thought it was a Solo job not a Fleetwood Mac song. Then today when I went to post about this song it all came back to me. I remember the song at Verizon in June 2004.
Just this morning after breakfast Mya asked for the pretty song. Not only is it a pretty song but Mya thinks it is a pretty song and she sings it to me. How could that not bring a tear to your eye.
So here is the YouTube link and the lyrics for your pleasure:
"Goodbye Baby"
Don't take me to the tower
And take my child away
It was I who was The hourglass
And the sands of time like
Shattering glass went past me
Like a tunnel to the sea
And I who went to sleep as two
Woke up as one now only you remain
You'll close your eyes and travel back
To the time when the light went fading fast
And the words you'll never, never forget, oh no
As you slipped away
Goodbye babyI hope your heart's not brokenDon't forget me
Yes I was outspoken
You were with me all the time
I'll be with you one day
And I who went to sleep in tears
Woke up in tears, for all of the years
And I who never, never said goodbye
As I slipped awayGoodbye baby
I hope your heart's not broken
Don't forget meYes I was outspoken
You were with me all the time
I'll be with you one day
Goodbye babyI hope your heart's not broken
Don't forget meYes I was outspoke
You were with me all the time I'll be with you one day
Yes, I'll be with you one day

No comments:

Post a Comment