Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Life, or something like that.

I think this is just going to be me complaining, so if you like bare with me.

I love, LOVE, L-O-V-E Thanksgiving. It is my favorite holiday. This year I feel like I am barely going to make it to Thanksgiving. As I just emailed my aunt....I need a drink. This month has not been good to me what so ever.

In the last two weeks I have managed to sprain my ankle. Had two teeth pulled. Have had to have the windshield replaced on one car. The dash lights and rear lights have been out on my other car. Just this morning we had to have the battery replaced in the same car. It has just been non-stop fun. I have now started to have Migraines again since Friday. I don't know if I am just to exhausted or even mentally drained.

Then it dawned on me instead of reflecting on one of the best days of my life, I missed it. I had been preparing myself to reflect on the innocence of pregnancy that I totally missed it. Three years ago on Sunday was the day we found out we were expecting. We did not know that 1 would become 2 or even that 2 would only give us 1.

Before we started our family I still loved Thanksgiving. Now I love it because the day before Thanksgiving 3 years ago we got our news. How thankful we were that year. I still treasure this time of year because from November 21st through January 8th we were so blissfully ignorant and pregnancy had innocence, I even had that pregnancy glow. I like to think that this was the best time of my life, I was so happy and terrified at the same time and it was all OK.

I am really working on getting all of this negative stuff out of my life. I guess when it rains in pours.

No comments:

Post a Comment