Sunday, November 21, 2010

Day 21

Day 21 - a recipe
I make this one thing that everyone loves and yet I have never tried it. They are called Pralines. The first Christmas Eddie and I spent together I baked for Alice. She told me her friend Nancy gave her this awesome recipe and could I try and make it. So here is it 5 ingredients.
Pralines:
1 stick of butter
1 stick of margarine
1/2 cup of sugar
3/4 cup of pecans
2 sleeve of graham crackers
Preheat oven to 350*
In a sauce pan melt both the butter and margarine.
While melting spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and arrange the graham crackers flat on the tray (I personally use a baking mat so I can lift up after baking).
Sprinkle Pecans over graham crackers.
Once butter/margarine is melted add 1/2 sugar and stir.
Allow mixture to simmer for 2 minutes until it starts to raise.
Pour mixture over graham crackers and pecans evenly
Bake for 10 minutes.
Allow to cool
Break apart and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment