Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day 17

Day 17 - an art piece (drawing, sculpture, painting, etc) that moves you

This is another good one. I have two in mind. One is a painting and one is a sculpture.

The first is the paint I received as a gift from Alice at WTRLA in October. Though I am still trying to figure out the best place in our house for it I still love it.

I know in my recent posts I have said I don't read but I am now trying to get through the book that inspired the painting. It is inspired by the book "Can You Drink the Cup". It is a somewhat religious book but I promised myself before looking at it I was going to read it. The artiest sent me a copy of it to read and to tell me that it is what inspired her beautiful work.


Next is one of my most prized possessions. This is my sculpture that was made for me by D. Antonia Truesdale you can find her work on Etsy.....http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheMidnightOrange
she is also my friend on Facebook. I am so in love with this sculpture. It is a perfect depiction of myself and my girls. I have it sitting on my armour in my bedroom under my most favorite picture of Mya. It is also next to Sophia's butterfly.

No comments:

Post a Comment